Having regular backups of site’s files and databases as part of a WordPress website maintenance plan can prevent total loss of your investment. Downtime is minimised as disaster recovery from a reliable backup structure is fast. The business risk management aspects of website ownership are often overlooked, but what I provide is peace of mind;
- Full backup and off-site storage of all files and databases
- Weekly or Monthly database backups, depending on site activity
- If your site is hosted with us, we can also run weekly Full Site / Cpanel backups
- Backups stored off-site in secure Cloud Storage
- Restoration from backup as required
In the event that files are compromised or deleted, we can get your website back online and running properly within a very short space of time.
To reliably backup a WordPress site and provide rapid restoration services, I use the premium version of UpdraftPlus – which is definitely one of the most popular and well-rated backup plugins available. Not only does it allow you to manually take a backup, it can also automatically backup your website to the cloud on a schedule of your choosing, as well as easily restore a backup with just a few clicks.
It works by backing up your website directly into the cloud, to a solution of your choice. The cloud options include…
- Google Drive
- Amazon S3
- RackSpace Cloud
- OpenStack Swift
- Updraft Vault
UpdraftPlus’s intuitive interface provides options to schedule automatic backups, backup files, databases, plugins and themes, and restore your backups directly from your WordPress control panel.
Should there be a need to restore a backup, this is a surprisingly easy process that takes just a few minutes and a few mouse-clicks to accomplish.
- Select the Existing Backups tab where you can view the list of previous backups in local or remote storage.
- You can also manually upload files by clicking the Upload backup files link.
- Click Restore.
You will be asked to choose which components you would like to restore. These include;
- WordPress core
The components you select will depend on the current restoration needs – and to restore the entire site, you will need to select all components.