WordPress website maintenance services are a core component of what I do. After all, it is the world’s leading content management system, powering over 70 million sites worldwide. It is used for every thing from personal blogs to corporate business sites. Some 55% of the top websites in the world run on WordPress and it is favoured by many Fortune 500 companies.
Due to its popularity, it represents a prime target for the hacking community. If you can develop an effective hack, you immediately have a huge array of targets. Conversely, the security community works equally hard to detect and foil newly discovered vulnerabilities and protect WordPress sites.
Balanced against that, a great many WordPress site owners are blissfully unaware of the threats and the solutions. They operate their sites without updating WP core files and plugins, have no website security policy, and don’t run backups.
That attitude extends to a high percentage of website designers who simply don’t acknowledge that they have any responsibility to create secure websites for their clients!
Monthly WordPress Management Services
Remote website support services to keep your WordPress website running smoothly!
- Security checks for malware, phishing etc via http://sitecheck.sucuri.net
- New client’s sites get a full scan and clean-up of any hacking attack aftermath.
- Website Audit: this done to uncover any significant issues that may need to be addressed
- Daily Software Upgrade Checks for WordPress and plugins to ensure you’ve got the latest security updates, bug fixes and product enhancements installed immediately they are available. Theme updates*** are also done IF you have a “child theme” activated.
- Installation of WordPress Backup Software and automation of backup schedule. I have a developers license for Updraft Plus, a premium application that provides comprehensive Backup and Restore facilities, and scheduling of backups which are transferred off-site to secure cloud storage.
- MySQL Database Backups – daily backup of database, weekly backup of files
- Full Backup – if you are on my hosting, full site site is backed in the hosting account (cPanel).
- Documentation: site establishment documentation, access details etc.
- Installation of Security – depending on the site, installation of Wordfence or Block Bad Queries WAF (web application firewall) & Limit Login Requests, Bad Bot Blocker, deactivation of REST API and XML RPC, installation of Security Headers in .htaccess etc. Setting up your website on Cloudflare offers additional layers of security AND load speed performance benefits.
- Page Load Speed Optimisation: I have a developers license for WP Rocket Cache, the fastest (premium) plugin for WordPress. I can install and configure this. However, extensive tuning efforts for optimal Core Web Vitals optimisation efforts takes several hours and is therefore billed separately – see WordPress page load speed optimisation package.
- Anti-Spam – installation and configuration of the Cpanel “Spam Assassin” email spam filter and WP Zero Spam plugin.
- Revision Management – reduces the multiple copies of page & post revisions to sensible levels
- Web Site Maintenance – I do any minor amendments to pages, correcting typographical errors, fixing broken links etc.
- Emergency Response for urgent re-activation of broken sites, website hacking attacks and self-inflicted breakages…
Once the initial assessment and remedial works are done, I monitor the website daily for you and intervene in any issues that I find.
- Major website enhancements such as: design theme replacement / updates or new feature developments.
These can be costed and quoted, or done on an hourly basis.
*** Design themes without a Child Theme are high-risk because in some cases updates can erase all custom coding, destroying the previous design and layout.
Annual WordPress Website Management Services packages
Standard WordPress Support Plan options: monthly, quarterly, biannually or yearly…
- NZ$32 per month + set-up fee
- NZ$385 per year – no set up fee
I take care of all the technical WP aspects, leaving you free to work on your core business activities!
How it Works
When you sign up, I will require website access as follows:
WordPress administrator access:
In order to install backup systems, security, and page load speed optimisation.
Hosting Account Control Panel access
For most people, that will be cPanel. I will ensure the latest secure and fastest version of PHP is active, and that:
- useful modules are installed: opcache, memcached, fileinfo, imagick etc.
- WP has sufficient memory allocated, file upload size and max_input_vars is adequate etc.
Without control panel access, I can’t help you in an emergency!
Is always to install Updraftplus backup plugin and take a full site backup, stored on secure Cloud storage!
If you require additional input to help your business, I can also provide that.
For example, some clients with busy WordPress sites need support with;
- Managing user registration and comments
- Supervision of content categorisation, tags etc
- Coaching and additional support for multiple staff members.
Please feel free to ask how I can assist in your particular circumstances!
I can also offer Managed Web Hosting – 1GB storage, no limits on bandwidth limits or email accounts, and extra MySQL databases as/if required.
Order a WordPress Website Maintenance Package
An ounce of Prevention is worth more than a pound of Cure!