WordPress website maintenance packages are a core component of what I do. After all, it is the world’s leading content management system, powering over 70 million sites worldwide. It is used for every thing from personal blogs to corporate business sites. Some 55% of the top websites in the world run on WordPress and it is favoured by many Fortune 500 companies.
Due to its popularity, it represents a prime target for the hacking community. If you can develop an effective hack, you immediately have a huge array of targets. Conversely, the security community works equally hard to detect and foil newly discovered vulnerabilities and protect WordPress sites.
Balanced against that, a great many WordPress site owners are blissfully unaware of the threats and the solutions. They operate their sites without updating WP core files and plugins, have no website security policy, and don’t run backups.
That attitude extends to a high percentage of website designers who simply don’t acknowledge that they have any responsibility to create secure websites for their clients!
WordPress Website Maintenance Packages
Remote website support services keep your WordPress website running smoothly!
- Security checks for malware, phishing etc via http://sitecheck.sucuri.net
- New client’s sites get a full scan and clean-up of any hacking attack aftermath.
- Website Audit: this done to uncover any significant issues that may need to be addressed
- Daily Software Upgrade Checks for WordPress and plugins to ensure you’ve got the latest security updates, bug fixes and product enhancements installed immediately they are available. Theme updates*** are also done IF you have a “child theme” activated.
- Installation of WordPress Backup Software and automation of backup schedule. I have a developers license for Updraft Plus, a premium application that provides comprehensive Backup and Restore facilities, and scheduling of backups which are transferred off-site to secure cloud storage.
- MySQL Database Backups – daily backup of database, weekly backup of files
- Full Backup – entire site via hosting account (Cpanel etc) , plus site establishment documentation, original images etc. (Backup updated if there are any major changes)
- Installation of Security – depending on the site, installation of Block Bad Queries WAF (web application firewall), Bad Bot Blocker, deactivation of REST API and XML RPC etc.
- Page Load Speed optimisation: I have a developers licence for WP Rocket Cache, the fastest (premium) plugin for WordPress.
- Image Optimisation: if required, I can use Shortpixel to batch process all images on the site and speed up load times.
- Evaluate & Process link exchange requests for you. Any promising link requests will be responded to and actioned on your behalf.
- Anti-Spam – installation and configuration of the Cpanel “Spam Assassin” email spam filter and WordPress “Akismet” post comment spam filter. Implementation of Google’s Captcha on contact forms etc as/if required.
- Revision Management – reduces the multiple copies of page & post revisions to sensible levels
- Web Site Maintenance – I do any minor amendments to pages, correcting typographical errors, fixing broken links etc.
- Emergency Response for urgent re-activation of broken sites, website hacking attacks and self-inflicted breakages…
Once the initial assessment and remedial works are done, I monitor the website daily for you and intervene in any issues that I find.
- Major website enhancements such as: design theme replacement / updates or new feature developments.
These can be costed and quoted, or done on an hourly basis.
*** Design themes without a Child Theme are high-risk because updates can erase all custom coding, destroying the previous design and layout.
Annual WordPress Website Maintenance Packages Cost:
- Standard WordPress Support Plan – NZ$385 per year
I take care of all the technical WP aspects, leaving you free to work on your core business activities!
If you require additional input to help your business, I can also provide that.
For example, some clients with busy WordPress sites need support with;
- Managing user registration and comments
- Supervision of content categorisation, tags etc
- Coaching and additional support for multiple staff members.
Please feel free to ask how I can assist in your particular circumstances!
I can also offer Managed Web Hosting – 1GB storage, no limits on bandwidth limits or email accounts, and extra MySQL databases as/if required.
Order a WordPress Website Maintenance PackageOrder a WP Maintenance Plan
An ounce of Prevention is worth more than a pound of Cure!
Enquire about a custom WordPress Website Maintenance Packages